Who am I?
What am I doing?
My Favorite Things
Church and Ministry
Our Adoption Journey
My Journey to Israel
Jeff Block on Facebook
Jeff Block on Twitter
Jeff Block on MySpace
Jeff Block's Blog
Jeff Block on LinkedIn
Business Intelligence Blog
My Corporate Profile
|Who am I?|
I have to say that I've always found it very difficult to identify myself, but I'll do my best. Beyond what I do or where I've been or who I'm close to (all of which is important and helps to define a person but that you can find elsewhere on my site), here are some keywords which define me...
Many other things interest me. A few others perhaps even help define me. But it'd be impractical to just keep listing them. I'm sure this page will update from time to time as I think of new stuff.
- Christian. My faith is very important to me. The hardest thing I've ever experienced is truly elevating God to a place of personal leadership in my life. With so many other things around to worship, it's no wonder we needed a Savior. So, if I'm working on anything, it's to make my relationship with God more important than my faith. That may be hard to understand if you aren't in a similar place, but I'd love to discuss it with you either way. Best way to do so is by posting a comment to the "Who am I?" page of my personal blog. My blog isn't the most active anymore, but if you wanted to discuss, I'd make the time.
- Husband. My family is important to me too. I'm married. Her name is Faith. She's amazing. She's very different from me, which I love, and has been a wonderful partner in life. It's hard to imagine life without her. Best place to find her online is her Facebook account.
- Father. Faith and I are in the final stages of adopting a 4 yr old boy named John from the Philippines. Here's a picture of him. He's our new pride and joy, and I can't wait to bring him home and officially move into daddyland. It's been an amazing journey beginning to communicate with him and preparing for his arrival. We can't wait to actually meet him. (all links require Facebook membership)
- Community Builder. I've always been called and gifted by God to create community, at work, at church, in my neighborhood, and pretty much everywhere else you find me. I like gathering people together. I like thinking about people problems. I guess I just like people.
- Nerd. No way of getting around this one. I just can't shut off my brain. I tend to apply my nerdiness to computers most of the time, but I love philosophy, politics, economics. I'm pretty much ready to discuss anything. Again, check out my blog.
- Opinionated. Okay, maybe it goes beyond "discuss" to "debate", but that's just the reality of the thing. I listen to a lot of talk radio -- particularly Bill O'Reilly, because I think he's pretty even-keeled, thinks things through well, serves the roll of watchdog pretty well, and seems to line up with my views pretty often.
- Healthy. I've struggled all my life with being overweight, but the goals of eating healthy, being more active, working out more, etc have become more important to me in recent years. I hope the trend continues. Now, if I could just kick my soda habit!